Saturday, July 11, 2009

My Great Grandma Elliott






















Great Grandmother, A Beautiful Woman

Strong, beautiful woman, so peaceful and serene,You deserve to live in heaven and with Great Grandpa by your side. I can see him sitting at the table with the paper asking where have you been Evelyn? Life has dealt you plenty of cards, some winning, others bad. And my tides of tears have brought in waves of memories; both happy and funny most of them around the dining room table or on the phone, so wonderful and divine. Your speech is confident, your eyes are soft and your walk is hard and bold . Your laughter equals happiness, your heart contains love, and hides all those feelings some times you never told. Tired, beautiful woman, so patient and so calm, it's funny how you hold the family's members within your palm of your hand! For over 20 years it's one of the many thing you taught me how to do. The countless times you never told the boyz no and the numerous times you told me how proud you were of our family. With wrinkles, stress, and worn hands, tell me how your going to make me smile again? When you've traveled this long, endured all this pain, so collected and confident, I can't imagine a gift greater than you-your love is Heaven sent..Strong, courageous, gracious, blessed, and beautiful Great Grandma. And I can still hear you say countless times to me.......NOW Tamara you can do this.. it's up to you......Thank you Grandma for giving me your endless wisdom and I can't wait till my Grandma garden blooms again next spring.






Love Tamara

3 comments:

Grandma-Grandpa E said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful tribute to Grandma. She waited every week for your call & if she didn't get one she let us know. Most of the time you had called but she didn't answer. We will miss her five o'clock happy hour

Jo said...

This is an amazing tribute to
Mom. She was one in a million!

JJB said...

Beautiful writing...She will be missed :-)